Mother’s day is May 8th, but we’re skipping the greeting cards and opting to show our moms some love blog style! Today, Ugooder Ja’von tells us a little about her Uncommon Mama, Denise.
Ja’von’s Uncommon Mom
What’s one of your favorite memories with your mom?
Her kindness. She rarely ever gets upset!
What valuable lessons have you learned from your mom that you couldn’t have learned without her?
There are so many things that I’ve learned from her! My top 3 are:
1. I learned that being a single mom doesn’t have to be the end of your life but the beginning of a fun-filled chapter, in a book that’s even better than the first.
2. You never know who’s going to see you, so always be ready to make a first impression.
3. Nothing is owed to you and no one will work as hard for you as you will for yourself, so always dig your heels in and bring your “A” game.
What quality does your mom possess that you admire?
1. Patience – She can always see the silver lining on the stormy clouds. She doesn’t know how to be down. Her optimism is contagious!
2. She’s personable. She can talk to anyone about anything. My mom can walk into a museum and get the statues to start talking. I love her energy!
How are you and your mama alike? How are you different?
People often say we look alike. In fact, people confuse us quite regularly. We’re both very silly people at heart, even though she’s a bit more reserved at first glance. We are different in that I love all things scientific and I’m a bit more daring. She’s the romance novel and a cup of tea kind of girl. Thank goodness opposites attract. Love you, Mommy!