When I think about the music that goes with a French 75 I’m thinking jazz, I’m thinking cocktail party, I’m thinking sophisticated–but not too literal.
1 ounce gin
1/2 ounce fresh lemon juice
1/2 ounce simple syrup
2 ounces Champagne
Add gin, lemon juice, and simple syrup to a cocktail shaker filled with ice and shake. Strain into glass, then top with Champagne.
1. I Love Paris–Frank Sinatra
2. Over the Rainbow–Ben Webster
3. You don’t Know Me–Ray Charles
4. J’etais Une Fille–Camelia Jordana
5. Nightingale Sang in Berkley Square–Harry Connick, Jr.