Picking the perfect present for a proud party planner isn’t always, well, a party. They have the food, music, and games covered. Yes,they already have everything their guests need to have a great night down, but that doesn’t mean they won’t love to get one of these special gifts to help them create a fresh presentation for appetizers or add a little extra flair to their tablescapes.
One day very soon, you may arrive to work and find a fun diversion to your morning ritual: one of the women in Marketing approaches your desk and asks if you want to pick a name for your office’s annual Secret Santa. In the spirit of the season, you agree and reach your hand into a pile of small papers filled with names of your colleagues. Anticipation is rising as you wonder who will travel through your fingers, and who may have already picked your name. When you open your final selection, you learn that you picked that new guy in Accounting. And then you realize you know absolutely nothing about him.
The art of fulfilling your duties in an office Secret Santa can be complicated, whether or not you know your co-workers well. You might have to buy a gift that fits a particular price range, or you may have to recall every interaction you’ve had with your giftee in order to spark one good idea. On top of all of this, there’s the pressure of keeping your identity a secret until the final reveal. Since you might get a call from HR if you start snooping around your co-worker’s desk for hints, we’ve created this gift guide to inspire that perfect Secret Santa find instead. (As for how to keep your gift a secret, we can only suggest that you fess up if you end up picking your own name out of the hat.)
Everyone knows someone who seems to already have everything. You know, that person whose living room looks like a museum of beautiful objects. Whose kitchen is fit for a professional chef. Who is always toting the latest gadget or the most fashionable fashion accessory. Folks who already have it all can be difficult to shop for, but as purveyors of the uncommon, we’re here to to show you a few things that will leave them excitedly asking, “Where did you find this?!”
*Editor’s note: This list might look a little familiar, since we brought you Man Cave Must-Haves last year. Don’t worry, we updated it with some of our latest picks, so you’ll be sure to uncover the perfect artifact for your favorite man cave dweller this year, too!
Many years from now, when archaeologists of the distant future excavate the sites of 21st century man caves, they’ll get a glimpse into the daily life of today’s modern man. We want them to take a look at the artifacts they find and be amazed. But before future archaeologists can be amazed by their findings, it’s up to us to make sure those man caves are fully loaded with all of the coolest things. It’s also up to us to make sure that our modern-day men are totally blown away by the holiday gifts they get this year. Help the man cave dweller in your life create a truly impressive domain with these must-have goods.
1. Does he retreat to his man cave when he’s gearing up for a big game or winding down from a long day? Either way, he’ll need a place to stash his keys.| Kinetic Gear Key Holder
2. The first thing visitors to any man cave notice (aside from how the bar’s stocked) is the decor. Keep it as classy as it is manly with this Single Malts of Scotland Tasting Map.
3. Ordering pizza is good, but a home-cooked meal is better. (Yes, nachos for dinner = totally acceptable when it comes to man cave dwelling!) | Stoneware Nacho Plate
4. The guy on your gift list is already cool, his beer should be too. | Chillsner
5. Some things just go together. Like beer and man cave or bottle opener and pint glass. | Beer Opening Glass
6. What’s more tranquil than a cave? Watching sand slowly fall into beautiful, unrepeatable patterns while relaxing in a man cave.| Deep Sea Sand Art
7. It might not be a mastodon tusk, but we’re pretty sure your man cave dweller will appreciate it anyway. | Das Horn
8. That mini-fridge can only hold so many six packs, but thanks to the BottleLoft, so many is a couple more than before.
9. The discovery of fire added the first light to the dark dude den. The Lune Light adds light, color, and extra cool.
10. Dudes need doormats too. This one is is full of rugged charm. | Reclaimed Fire Hose Mat
11. Traditionally, drinking games mean the winner gets bragging rights and the loser gets a hangover. This Mini Beer Pong set is complete with smaller cups, so game night means sampling a selection of brewskies without overdoing it. But the winner still gets bragging rights.
12. He might like to spend alone time dwelling in his cave, but he knows there’s a great big world beyond its walls. Help him celebrate his favorite places out there with City Skyline Wooden Routings.
I’ve been told cilantro is really hard to grow so I was skeptical. Could it really be that easy? Just pop the top, bury the seeds and water for a few weeks? And would lime juice help me win the guacamole competition? My answers were yes! and yes!
When I heard we would be doing a more gardener-novice-friendly grow kit, I jumped on the chance to test it out. If all goes well, I’d have fresh cilantro in the house for the Purchasing team guacamole competition in a few weeks! I also knew then that lime (and tons of it) would be my secret ingredient, so I employed the help of our new citrus juicer to get the best results!
So, I did just that! I opened up the can, gently buried all the seeds about an inch under the surface and then poured about 2 shot glasses of water in every day or two to keep it looking moist.
At UncommonGoods, we love searching for sustainable and handmade designs when it comes to the products we share with you, especially with our jewelry and accessories. You want your gift to be unique and a reflection of who she is, so whether the word “stylish” or “eco-concious” (or both) describes your special girl, we got you covered! Below are 15 eco-chic designs and handmade items that you can gift her this holiday season that will not only add to her fashionable wardrobe, but also her green impact on the world.
1. We love our gorgeous lace jewelry collection. This Vintage Lace Heart Within A Heart Necklace is made out of timeless materials such as gold, silver, and lace – the perfect gift for any mother or daughter.
2. If the girl in your life is one to stand out and tends to go against the norm, this Waterfall Ring will quickly become one of her favorite treasures in her jewelry box!
3. This Wine Cork Sling Bag is made out of 100% sustainable cork! The wine lover in your life will appreciate this eye-catching tote and it’ll conveniently play a weekly reminder to pick up more wine!
4. Skip the plane ride and take your wanderlusting lady on a trip to Africa with this organic-designed clutch. It’s woven by artisans in Madagascar from sustainable raffia palm fiber. | Madagascar Handwoven Raffia Clutch
5. The Provence Scarf is a lovely combination of upcycled burgundy cotton jersey and elegant black lace, the perfect touch for any outfit throughout the seasons.
6. Let your lady know that your love for her only grows more and more everyday with this delicate A Tree Grows Necklace.
7. For the ultimate bohemian chic in your circle of friends, bring the essence of India to her wardrobe with this Upcycled Sari Kantha Klutch. (The production of these clutches provides Indian women with a beautiful opportunity to create a better standard of living for themselves, their children, and their communities!)
8. This Emerald Mosaic Ring is made out of beautiful, rough-cut emeralds and is embedded in textured brass. A bold ring to represent the bold love you have for the boldest lady you know!
9. A stunning Tagua Gem Necklace that helps curb illegal elephant poaching, prevents deforestation, and allows local artisans to make a living from the harvesting, carving, and dyeing of the seeds. #winning
10. Chronic tea drinkers and vintage fashion hunters will give you more than a spoonful of smiles when you gift them these Spoon Handle Drop Earrings. They’re casted from 19th century demitasse spoons and then designed into these chic jewelry pieces!
11. Gift a pair of nature-inspred earrings for the ultimate nature lover! | Fern Frond Hoops
12. For the girl who loves to accessorize, this handmade Bora Scarf can pose as a scarf, neck warmer, or chunky necklace!
13. Help keep her precious jewelry organized with a zen-ful touch by gifting her this beautiful handcrafted Hand of Buddha Jewelry Stand.
14. The intricate designs you see on this wallet is made out of discarded black plastic bags in Cambodia. | Upcycled Plastic Crocheted Wallet
15. These beautiful bracelets you see are actually upcycled water pipes made by the hands of Namibian artisans. They use intricate carving techniques to transform utilitarian material into stylish accessories! | Hand Carved Upcycled Pipe Cuffs Set
After your parents, you have that one other couple in your life that you place on a pretty high pedestal. You don’t even know what “third wheel” means when you’re hanging with your Best Couple Friends. They’re your Cory and Topanga, Marshall and Lily, Chandler and Monica. Guilt-free, you look forward to crashing their date nights and making it into your marathon Netflix all-nighters. You play Dr. Phil when you catch them in the midst of a disagreement and they play “mom and dad” when yours are out of reach. They’re your favorite people, and you can’t imagine one without the other. Show your gratitude of those times you accidentally did interrupt their date night and gift them something they can share as couple or you three amigos can experience together with these 14 BCF gift ideas below!
1. Gift convienence with this Sunset Wine Tote for a perfect impromptu date night on their rooftop or at the neighborhood park!
2. From music fesitvals to amusement parks to travel plans, you plan the best times together. Encourage them to save ticket stubs to collect the memories you all shared together with this Ticket Stub Diary!
3. Gift a Portable Table Tennis Set for the couple who enjoys a bit of friendly competetion from time to time. (Winner receives bragging rights for the week!)
4. Fondue for Two. (We repeat, fondue for two! Let the love birds get their cheese on.)
5. For the artsy-fartsy couple, gift an Andy Warhol-esque art piece to honor both their last names, the year they met, and when they tied the knot! | Intersection of Love
6. You truly believe they’re each other’s perfect “other half.” Tea time can now symbolize that incredible bond they share with our Porcelain Tea For Two Set!
7. Give thanks for all the free meals your BCF cooked for you over the years with this Soup and Sandwich Ceramic Tray Duo.
8. We love that we live in ths digital age – but there’s something nostalgic about flipping through an actual photo album. Gift your friends this modern-designed photo album with a few of your favorite snapshots placed inside! | Keepsake Photo Album
9. Bring back the “good ol’ days” and gift a Personalized Mixtape Doormat to your rock star friends.
10. Keep your bottle of wine perfectly chilled while chilling with your wine-o friends. | Corkcicle Air
11. Speaking of wine, impress your modern-minded buddies with this beautiful set of Wooden Wine Glasses. #Cheers!
12. Enrich their palettes with this sharp Imperial Tea Gift Set. It offers six rare teas from around the world along with a cast iron tea pot and two traditional sipping cups – a perfect package, just like your BCF!
13. This gorgeous Reclaimed Redwood Bluetooth Speaker makes the best gift for the music-lovin’ couple who retired their wild nights out for cozy nights in.
14. Help spice up your BCF’s love life with a Sexy Truth or Dare game. Just remember, you’re not quite invited to that party!
Brew some beer. (Oom-pa-pa!)
Fill your stein. (Oom-pa-pa!)
Make today a celebration by design. (Oom-pa-pa!)
Fill your day (Oom-pa-pa!)
With the best. (Oom-pa-pa!)
Have a fröhliche UncommonGoods Oktoberfest!
Grab a pint. (Oom-pa-pa!)
Grab a cup. (Oom-pa-pa!)
Grab some big ol’ Viking horn and fill it up. (Oom-pa-pa!)
Here’s a toast. (Oom-pa-pa!)
May you be blessed (Oom-pa-pa!)
With a fröhliche UncommonGoods Oktoberfest!