We’ve all heard the expression “home is where the heart is.” Initially, this expression can be interpreted to mean that “home” is wherever you are surrounded by the people you love. That is a very true sentiment, whether “home” describes the place where you grew up, or the new dwelling that you’re building with your growing family. But we think that this expression can be interpreted even further. Some people pour their hearts and souls into their homes. For true home decor lovers, walls aren’t just infrastructure that hold a roof, but a canvas for daily inspiration. Shelves display timeless pieces, not dusty picture frames. Clocks don’t just tell time, they also tell a story. Chances are, the mothers, grandmothers and other special ladies on your wish list share heartwarming pride for the decorative details that make up their homes. We’ve picked out 16 pieces that will add even more love and personality to her home, and give her another reason to show off her digs this holiday season.
3. In ancient times, agate was thought to bring pleasant dreams and protection to its owners. Time to ditch that raggedy dream catcher! | Agate Desk Clock
4. One woman’s wine bottle is another woman’s treasure (or bowl, in this case). | Golden Leaf Upcycled Bowl
5. Give a kit that will display the beautiful perks of being a wallflower. | Succulent Living Wall Planter Kit
6. Next time she’s exchanging stories around the coffee table, she’ll jump at the chance to describe the juice-to-table origins of these coasters. | Orange Peel Spiral Coaster Set
7. When your favorite hostess stands-in as the house party bartender, these vibrant cuts of agate will provide a breathtaking backdrop to any muddled cocktail. | Lumino Gilded Multicolored Coasters
8. Show the girls in your life the creative side of STEM with these colorful stacking cups, which combine science with sophisticated design to display the planet’s geographical and marine layers. | Earth Science Stacking Cups
9. Spark inspiration at her next book club gathering with this elegant portrait of one of literature’s beloved star-crossed lovers. | Well Read Women: Juliet Capulet
10. Any interior designer in the making knows that lighting makes a room. | Upcycled Bottle Pendant Lamp
11. Your globetrotting gal might long for her backpacking days, but she certainly doesn’t miss those hostel showers! This worldly shower curtain will remind her of exotic destinations in the comforts of her home base. | Kantha Shower Curtain
12. Setting the perfect mood is about getting the little details just right, all the way down to scent, lighting and aesthetics. | Recycled Wine Bottle Candles
13. Help her make a statement in her home with this coiled planter. | Inspiration Bent Wood Planter
14. Even if you’ve already left the nest, these Perching Bird Bookends will remind your crafty Mom that home is always just a flight away.
15. For an added touch of home decor magic, this sculpture can also remind your empty nest-er that your flock will always stick together. | Birds of a Feather Sculpture
16. For the nights when your favorite decorator sits on her furnished porch and marvels at the natural sparkle surrounding her home. | Moon Phase Pillow