1) Product Name: Alexander Girard Laptop Sling in Retrospective
2) Background Research: I travel for work often, and am almost always lugging around a laptop. This laptop sling was in the studio, because I had just photographed it, and I was in desperate need of a new laptop carrier. I grabbed it as I ran out the door to catch my flight.
3) Hypothesis: If I use this laptop bag, then the way I travel (and my life!) will be changed for the better.
4) Experiment: Take the laptop sling to Wisconsin for the printing of the Summer 2010 catalog.
5) Results: I loved this bag! I have never really spent anytime thinking about it, but carrying your laptop around horizontally is not nearly as easy as carrying it vertically. I noticed right away how much easier it was to walk up and down the airplane aisles with that and a carry-on. I was happy to discover that I didn’t end up smacking anyone upside the head with the edge of the bag, which unfortunately for those who are on my flights … is not all that uncommon for me. And something else I loved, three separate people stopped me to ask about my bag and tell me how cool they thought it was!