So, you’re the only sibling that’s planning in advance for Mother’s Day? It’s hard being the responsible one—but we’re here to make it easier. Behold: a list of truly impressive gifts that you and your brothers/sisters can spring for together and split the cost. Hey, go ahead and add in a few extra bucks when you bill your sibs—call it the Golden Child Tax.
1. A serving board and cloche for her expertly baked goods.
P.S. It works just as well if she prefers store-bought.
2. A proper tea party in a box.
Pinkies up for this all-inclusive set: with it she’ll get French candies, crystal sugar, a teapot, two teacups, and other accessories.
3. A jewelry box that deserves future-heirloom status.
A rose is a rose is a rose is a perfectly lovely Mother’s Day gift.
4. A garden collage made from otherwise forgotten magazines.
Got an earth mama? She’ll love this verdant scene (and the fact that it’s collaged from old magazines).
5. A French press, pour-over, and cold brew pitcher all in one.
Can we just say—this is so much better than an insert-popular-coffee-place-name-here gift card.
6. An understated stunner she’ll want to wear every day.
The splurge is worth it for your one-of-a-kind Ma.
7. Hand-forged steel and black walnut gardening tools.
Her heart will grow five sizes when she lays eyes on this set.
8. A planter that defies gravity.
Mom will be floating on air when she unwraps it.
9. A sculptural decanter that aerates as it spins.
Go ahead, give it a swirl.
10. A realistic-looking cloud lamp that plays tunes via Bluetooth®.
Why so cirrus? The high-tech yet super-cute gift you’ve been looking for is right here.
11. Customized art that celebrates your family history.
You’ve got good taste—and the apple doesn’t fall far from the family tree.
12. A very low-maintenance garden.
Okay, it’s a glass sculpture. But a gorgeous, handmade one Mom will want front and center on her dining table.