With more than 4,000 uncommon goods to choose from, you might need some help finding your new favorite things. Each week, we’ll round up a mix of the brand new, the tried-and-true, and our personal picks—all just for you.
1. A kit that brings bubble tea within reach.
Boba may look like the product of magic, but it’s actually pretty easy to make. Let this two-flavor kit—complete with steel takes on those fat straws we all love so much—be your guide.
2. A beginner’s guide to the cyanotype.
We know, we know, you’ve got a camera in your pocket. But this paper-and-fabric kit takes pictures activated by the sun, and frankly, we think that’s cooler.
3. Gummy bears that light up when you squish ’em.
Give any one of these rubbery bears a tender squeeze to their belly and watch them light up. Trust us, it’s fun (and it doesn’t hurt the bears).
4. Playing cards for your little feminist (or, you know, you).
Sure, these cards are kid-friendly. But there’s nothing stopping you from bringing a little Ella Fitzgerald, Billie Jean King, and Cleopatra into your monthly poker game.
5. An easy kit that results in CHEESE.
Do you love mozzarella? Mascarpone? Maybe ricotta. With this kit, you don’t have to choose: it’s got what you need (except milk, of course) to make 10 types of artisan cheeses.
6. A platter that turns dips into benevolent volcanoes.
“Taste explosion” is right! This platter features a porcelain volcano that’s just the right size for a party portion of guac, salsa, or French onion dip, and when it spills over, boom: you’ve got an eruption.
7. Cacti that are so soft, they’ll never poke you.
The secret? They’re spine-free—and made from felted wool.
8. Mismatched earrings that put the “c(h)ool” in “school.”
The school year’s almost over. Start your early celebration off right with a pair of maker Christine Schmidt’s signature mismatched earrings.